What make a music gospel music? Do you think gospel music has gone too far?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What make a music gospel music? Do you think gospel music has gone too far?

Post by &abriel on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:18 am

Definition: Contradiction

Contradiction

Noun

1. Opposition between two conflicting forces or ideas.

2. (logic) a statement that is necessarily false; "the statement `he is brave and he is not brave' is a contradiction".

3. The speech act of contradicting someone; "he spoke as if he thought his claims were immune to contradiction

&abriel

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friyapot on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:08 am

Mwen salye'w yon lot fwa ankor &abriel
se pa mwen ki ekri ,se ap mwen ki invante parol ki nan bib la,
Adan se Bon dye ki kreye'l, chak chien, chak cochon ,chak Ane a ete cree par Dieu et ainsi metaphoriquement parlent, il est le pere de toutes choses, mais il'n'est pas meme de Jesus-christ. Dieu (il) a ete engendre, non pas cree..
1) pourquoi engendre, non pas cree?
Dieu a unique-engendre Jesus-christ, comment consevoir ses choses. &abriel.

friyapot

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-02-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friyapot on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 am

Luc 11:9 made wap jwenn se s abib la d. pou kisa tout moun sa yo nan soufrans
1Timothe 2:12-14 poldi se Adam ki peche, genes3:6 di se ev ki peche. kijan yo rele sa, kontradiksyon ou byen intèlijans.
lire sa pou we apre wa di'm kijan yo rele sa
1)Exode 33:20/Genese 32:30 sa rele kontradiksyon ok.

2) romain 3:33/Genese6:9/Job1:1 Job1:8 kijan yo rele sa.

yon lot ankor lisa pou mwen 2 jean 1:10-11
mathieu 5:48/romain 3:23 epi banm yon repons rapid efikas
sak touye moun net nan bib la se 1Rois 14 map mande si moun sa ki te ekri vèsè sa , se yon Hougan, oubyen Manbo,se pou tet sa si ke ou li englè chache konprann englais a bien, paske se mwen se Francais mwen konprann ak creole,se pou tet sa mwen chache konprann sa mwen li a.
epi kiyes ki plateau, Aristot fe yon rechech sou 2 non moun sa ele nan bibliotheque pou konnen kiyes ki Plateau ak Aristot.
Map retann reponse ou &abriel

friyapot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 pm

friyapot wrote:Luc 11:9 made wap jwenn se s abib la d. pou kisa tout moun sa yo nan soufrans
1Timothe 2:12-14 poldi se Adam ki peche, genes3:6 di se ev ki peche. kijan yo rele sa, kontradiksyon ou byen intèlijans.
lire sa pou we apre wa di'm kijan yo rele sa
1)Exode 33:20/Genese 32:30 sa rele kontradiksyon ok.

2) romain 3:33/Genese6:9/Job1:1 Job1:8 kijan yo rele sa.

yon lot ankor lisa pou mwen 2 jean 1:10-11
mathieu 5:48/romain 3:23 epi banm yon repons rapid efikas
sak touye moun net nan bib la se 1Rois 14 map mande si moun sa ki te ekri vèsè sa , se yon Hougan, oubyen Manbo,se pou tet sa si ke ou li englè chache konprann englais a bien, paske se mwen se Francais mwen konprann ak creole,se pou tet sa mwen chache konprann sa mwen li a.
epi kiyes ki plateau, Aristot fe yon rechech sou 2 non moun sa ele nan bibliotheque pou konnen kiyes ki Plateau ak Aristot.
Map retann reponse ou &abriel

i dont claim to know everything to know about the Bible go through this web page then let me know what you think.

http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/bible.htm#1

plateau and aristot did not write the bible i think they translated and wrote it in a more "elite language" for the elite. mind you the original writers were not writers per-say as plateau but i believe that God knew all this would happen and what we have now is what God wants and plus with technology we can research. im sorry if my answer is not enough but the Bible is my first source to understanding and knowing who is God

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friyapot on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:21 am

13. God is to be found by those who seek him [Matt 7:8 / Prov 8:17]
God is not to be found by those who seek him [Prov 1:28]
what this ,you not understandind what you read or piagat. read both chater for me u poste in your topic &abriel

friyapot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by friyapot on Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:27 am

mwen we se kontradiksyon sou kontradiksyon epi wap di bib la pa gen gen kontrakdiksyon ladann, se yon bib ki chaje ak mansonj ladann, se ou ki voye tes kontradiksyon yo , kounye ou bann rezon.

friyapot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:41 pm

you must understand that the Bible has many authors moses, david John and so-forth each of them are writing in different perspective and states of mind some are writing what God wants man to do such as laws, some are writing current events in their time to show examples. for example in the old testament you have "an eye for an eye...." and in the new testament you must turn the other cheek. what's going on there is moses tells the people an eye for an eye because the egyptians were killing them merciless and God honored moses decision. but then Jesus comes and says turn the other cheek because the people where killing people for minor things or for their traditions and understanding, they were unforgiving

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:07 pm

in proverbs 1:28 the writer is talking to those who refuse God. in Matthew he is talking to those who are searching for the word. i read the whole chapter of both and thats what i understood.

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:14 pm

History of the Book of Matthew

The first of four gospels begins here in the Book of Matthew. It is written by a Jew, to the Jews, about a Jew. The author of this Gospel is Matthew (also known as Levi),who was a tax-collector and one of the twelve apostles. He wrote this book to his countrymen about Jesus Christ. As with the other three gospels, Matthew is not an easy book to date. It is suggested that it was written between A.D. 40 and A.D. 140. This gospel has 28 chapters beginning with the genealogy of Jesus Christ and ending with HIS great commission to us, right before His resurrection. Matthew is the first book of the New Testament with it's natural bridge between the two testaments and it's emphasis on the fulfillment of the old testament prophesies. The famous "beatitudes" given in theSermon on the Mount can be found in this Gospel. Bethlehem, Nazareth, Galilee, Capernaum, Jerusalem and Judea are the main cities spoken of in this Gospel. Jesus' birth and early years of His life, including Mary and Joseph's escape to Egypt from the murderous Herod and their return to Nazareth can be found too. His years of ministry as He performed many miracles and spoke in parables teaches us more about Who He is and what He has done and will do for us as His Father's children. The clear message Matthew wants his readers to know is simple: Jesus is the Christ, the King of kings and Lord of lords. Rejoice about His victory over death and evil and remember Jesus is Lord!!!

Book of Proverbs

Author: King Solomon is the principal writer of Proverbs. His name appears in 1:1, 10:1, and 25:1. We may also presume Solomon collected and edited proverbs other than his own, for Ecclesiastes 12:9 says, "Not only was the Teacher wise, but also he imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs." Indeed, the Hebrew title Mishle Shelomoh is translated "Proverbs of Solomon."

Date of Writing: Solomon's proverbs were penned around 900 B.C. During his reign as king, the nation of Israel reached its pinnacle spiritually, politically, culturally, and economically. As Israel's reputation soared, so did King Solomon's. Foreign dignitaries from the far reaches of the known world traveled great distances to hear the wise monarch speak (1 Kings 4:34).

Purpose of Writing: Knowledge is nothing more than an accumulation of raw facts, but wisdom is the ability to see people, events, and situations as God sees them. In the Book of Proverbs, Solomon reveals the mind of God in matters high and lofty and in common, ordinary, everyday situations, too. It appears that no topic escaped King Solomon's attention. Matters pertaining to personal conduct, sexual relations, business, wealth, charity, ambition, discipline, debt, child-rearing, character, alcohol, politics, revenge, and godliness are among the many topics covered in this rich collection of wise sayings.

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Verite on Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Gospel music has compromised a long time ago.

Verite

Female Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayiti lavni on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Some recent posts put into light, the fact that there are deep theological differences between Christians who see the New Testament as the unique canonical document, superseding anything else prior, which they consider as historical, allegoric, and culture-bound, and those who still go by old precepts as found in Leviticus etc. (which in some parts, reads much like the Kuran and interpretations of the Sharia law)... that discussion could be a very long one, when dealing with dance in church... Communal dancing is a cultural heritage that is well accepted in churches where it is done in the spirit and manner of participation to a deeply felt message, i.e in a way that has nothing to do with the kind of "bal" dancing. And I do hope that church audience dancing, which is somewhat subdued, and unidirectional towards the intended message, will be preserved as it is in fact therapeutic, it helps people with their problems, and it increases their ability to communicate to God's presence. Just like singing is a physical expression pleasing to God, dancing cannot be excluded, it is just also, an extension in human expression.

Here I'd like to get back to the music scene - what is gospel? The music must not be too distracting from the words, and these are what mostly make it a Christian song or not.
Listening to the inspirational song "JEZI PWOBLEM YO NAN MEN OU", an original song from Soufle Divin,
...problemyo.mp3
[URL withdrawn because I'm new and not allowed to post links]

unfortunately, I cannot hear the words very well - could someone print the lyrics in this forum?
Many thanks

Ayiti lavni

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gospel as message - Lyrics for "Jezi pwoblem yo nan men ou"

Post by Ayiti lavni on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:02 pm

The post above should have been be split in two, sorry I did not see an "edit" button after posting, to do that. The first part answered more to the question "Do you think gospel music has gone too far?", while the 2nd part hinged more on the theme "What make a music gospel music?"
Indeed gospel is in the message. If someone likes a gospel song, and sings it aloud or mentally, the message may become a form of daily prayer. Gospel lyrics are also ministering in a missionary manner, to those who are "brebis egarees".
If you have a problem you're struggling with, finding the right inspiring words may be much easier for people listening to gospel music, closer to everyday life, than if they have to sit down and open a Bible not knowing where to find the relevant passages... It would be great for readers to have a way to browse gospel song lyrics. I hope that many beautiful gospel songs lyrics will be listed, as this thread goes on.
Right now, I'm hoping someone will list here the lyrics of the song "Jezi pwoblem yo nan men ou" by Soufle Divin?
Mèsi anpil

Ayiti lavni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gospel as message - Lyrics for "Jezi pwoblem yo nan men ou"

Post by Ayiti lavni on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm a bit confused now as to who was the author to be credited for the lyrics.
Maybe some3one can clear that up.
Here is the link to download the song:
http://www.kreyoltv.com/mp3/problemyo.mp3
Musically it is great. I would like to send it to some people who I know would like it, but it would be a more useful gift if I could also give them the lyrics to read so they could benefit from the message.
Hoping someone will care to post them here...
Mwen pral di ou mèsi anpil

Ayiti lavni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top