How dedicated are we -when it comes to helping our brothers & sisters feed their spirits?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How dedicated are we -when it comes to helping our brothers & sisters feed their spirits?

Post by His Glory! on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:08 pm

[Ki jan fe ou pa jam we temwen jeova genyen ven k-ap mache pikop moun le samdi -pou mennen nan kindom hall- tankou legliz gen ven ki gen non egliz yo ekri sou ven nan kap pran moun. Se paske machin youn se machin lot. Youn ap pral mache chache lot pou menin nan 'kindom'.]

I attended a revival Sunday night and the preacher said the above statement. I thought it was interesting. i tried to say it in his exact words.

Translated it says:

[How come jehova's witnesses don't have church vans, with church names on them, driving around on Sautrdays -picking up people. It's because one member's car is the other member's car. They rather go and pickup each other to bring to 'Kingdon Halls'.]

His Glory!

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2009-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How dedicated are we -when it comes to helping our brothers & sisters feed their spirits?

Post by His Glory! on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:03 pm

In many religions, we see a very very strong display in the manner followers support one an other. I don't think religion names are necessary here, but alot of us can see a bond just by observing 2 individuals from certain religions interact. You would think they were blood relatives when looking at their demonstration of love and care -even if they never met the other member before in their life.
Yet, when it comes to us Christians (some, not all), we would rather step on the other member's head to get to where we think we're going. We don't even try reaching out a hand to help the next person on this journey because we think we're at a higher level than them, so we can't associate with them.

We are supposed to be the religion that demonstrates Christ's Love for the world, yet we are the least if not the last religion to show it. Not even amongst each other. Why is that? How are they supposed to believe that "God [really] loves the world" and that there is Peace Joy and Love in the God as they look right at us -he very ones that claim we are followers of Christ- and we can't even show Love, live in Peace, and bring Joy to our very own brothers and sisters. Do we not remember that the GREATEST Commandment is to LOVE one an other?

Br. M'o'
His Glory!

His Glory!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How dedicated are we -when it comes to helping our brothers & sisters feed their spirits?

Post by number1fan on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:58 pm

I think it must be nice to help others in need so however you can make another person's life easier, please do so. However, my concern is that why is it much easier for a church to put a van in service of its members instead of creating a driving school to teach those who need to learn how to drive? We have a lot of capable and available men in our churches who would very much willing to help people learn how to drive, but I guess no one really know how much so they can help their church when they offer more to their members. Most people in the church drive expensive cars but others who have a family and they really need a car can't afford one. Don't you think the congregation can collect money to buy that family a used car at least? Please, empower people instead, it will pay off !!!

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime." __________Chinese Proverb

number1fan

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ya gen bezwenm on Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:33 pm

I KNOW MANY FOLKS WHO DON'T GO TO CHURCH BECAUSE OF TRANSPORTATION ,BUT IF U GOD BLESS U WIT A CAR AND U USE THAT CAR TO HELP OTHERS ASSIST CHURCH AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH BECAUSE I KNOW SOME PEOPLE DON'T GO TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY,BUT LET SAY IF EVERYTIME U HAVE DA CHANCE TO GO TO CHURCH U PICK UP SOME1 WHO NEED 2 GO BUT CAN'T GOD WILL BLESS U MORE I ALWAYS SAY THAT WHEN I HAVE MY CAR I'LL USE IT 2 SERVE MY LORD AND I KNOW GOD LISTEN TO MY PRAYER HE DID GAVE IT 2 ME FIRST THING I DID WAS 2 SERVE MY FOLKS TO GO TO CHURCH ON TIME ,I KEEP MY WORDS AS I ALWAYS DO .PLEASE FOLKS DON'T BE SELFISH WIT UR CAR USE IT 4 THE SERVICE OF THE LORD AND 4 SURE U WON'T REGRETTED. Mad

ya gen bezwenm

Female Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by His Glory! on Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:12 pm

I believe the van would involve less expenses than paying for gas and maintenance for the cars used for teach those individuals how to drive. My point is that those who live very close to each other and go to church in empty cars should work out a way to help those in their area that are without a car. This way, a van doesn't have to travel unecessary miles what there are cars in that neighborhood. I agree that we should empower the people. Not only will that help them with traveling to church, but also become a blessing by allowing them to find better work -even if it required a long commute.

-Br. M'o'
His Glory!

His Glory!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by His Glory! on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:42 pm

I guess no one likes my topic. Its ok. my feelings are not hurt. Crying or Very sad

-Br. M'o'
His Glory!

His Glory!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top