NAPLES 10TH ANNUAL YOUTH CRUSADE 2009 AND REV WADNER GEDEON'S NEW BOOK

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NAPLES 10TH ANNUAL YOUTH CRUSADE 2009 AND REV WADNER GEDEON'S NEW BOOK

Post by eman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:41 am

&abriel,
Give me an example of one song that you like.

By the way, as I try to be on the other side of the aisle, I am one who believes that our Christian artists need to spend more time honing their writing skills. We need more Christian musicians not musicians who play Christian music.

eman

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-06-15

View user profile http://www.theshepherdnook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:47 am

&abriel wrote:4 Abel also brought some choice parts of the firstborn animals from his flock. The LORD approved of Abel and his offering, 5 but he didn't approve of Cain and his offering.

If ONLY you understand what you write ... that means it's NOT the offering but the person offering.

Which means it's NEVER about the MUSIC (which is your biggest problem since you're making it about the music, the offering). It has always been about the musician, the worshiper, the praiser. And since their relationship with God is PERSONAL, you and I have NO BUSINESS debating about their intent. We can only pray and advise them to do it FOR God and encourage them to live a life of righteousness so they become Christlike models for those listening to them. But we can tell them what to play.

I hope you're letting the Holy Spirit in; since you are the one saying IT'S NOT ABOUT THE OFFERING. So why are you killing yourself over the MUSIC?

tibobdenazareth

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 am

eman wrote: By the way, I am one who believes that our Christian artists need to spend more time honing their writing skills. We need more Christian musicians not musicians who play Christian music.

I 100% agree. That's what we need. We need to help them make the music they are playing better so that it doesn't drive the listener away from God even if the intent of the author is otherwise. We need to give them musical arrangement advice to improve what they're doing.

I have written a new book entitled: pour une Meilleure Musique Chrétienne (for Better Christian Music) written in both French and English. It goes deep into a lot of things, once of which being this exact point we are discussing here. That book should be out in late 2010 or early 2011.

I'm postponing its release because we have other projects we deem higher priority that are coming out next year: Our 4th Gospel Music Album and a FILM MOTION PICTURES movie called: GADE M LA TOUJOU (again, that's a FILM motion picture; not another camcorder production release).

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:08 am

Amen, my brother!
Keep up the good work...

I view music just as I view language...It is a medium used to deliver a message. It is the message that I want them to hear, it is the music that will get their attention.

eman

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:11 am

eman wrote:I view music just as I view language...It is a medium used to deliver a message. It is the message that I want them to hear, it is the music that will get their attention.

WOW!! You're very good man. You are a definite blessing to our sector. Stay blessed brother.

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:12 am

Eman, you should be posting a bit more here. Everybody will benefit.

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:46 am

if you say it's not about the music how can we justify looking like the world?
eman you said that music is a language and thats true and in all languages there is good words and curses. lots of these specific songs not styles are created for demonic reasons. metaphorically speaking you wouldn't use a curse word to praise God. one would search for proper words from the dictionary. i have worked with rappers they use a thesaurus as to better express them selves. when a Gospel artist takes a secular song and tries to make it Gospel thats the artist transforming not God. im not worried about the music but the people listening if we are playing something that reminds the listener of the club then we are not doing our job. a good example of gospel music is the text must be Biblical and the music must be original. there is original kompas, rap,jazz and so forth. please dont confuse me with people who are against certain style of music. i am against people who take songs or lines from a song of the world and claim it to be of God. if Jay Z can create a style why cant we. what will it take, when a secular artist takes one of them to court then what will be the defense.

&abriel

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-05-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:53 am

Idea

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:16 am

&abriel wrote:if you say it's not about the music how can we justify looking like the world?

If Jay Z can create a style why cant we. what will it take, when a secular artist takes one of them to court then what will be the defense.

My brother, you seem not in synch with both what you're saying and what you're being said.

First, YOU were the one that said through your quoting of the Bible that Abel & Cain offered parts of the same thing. Meaning the offering is not what God bases on for His decision to accept or reject the offering. It's rather the heart's disposition of the "offerer".

Your big problem is that you can't see that the music is the offering and the artist is the offerer. The focus of God is on the latter; not the offering. YOU SAID IT UNWILLINGLY. The Holy spirit must have been trying to tell you something. But you closed your ears to your own inner voice. If you can't grow yourself to even understand your own point, I think with this discussion, we are trying to find a second center of a circle.

Second, plagiarism and creativity have nothing to do whith what we're discussing here. It is a problem whenever it's done. I'm a Gospel artist. If you plagiarize my work, it's the same problem if Madonna plagiarizes Remy Lochard's work, and the same problem if I plagiarize P-Diddy's work. This is a music crime. It has nothing to do with faith or spirituality. So don't confuse everything and throw rocks everywhere when your arguments lead nowhere.

BOTTOM LINE you need to grasp: You have NO business judging the types of music people play to worship and praise God. God doesn't have any problem with that and we know that because the Bible tells us so (psalms 150 3:5) ... not some dogmatic religious doctrine interpreting what God said for their own feel-good ignorance and preference.

There's still room for a lot of improvement in our music gospel sector, but what you're saying is not one of them.

Last edited by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jn Michel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:27 am

&abriel wrote:if you say it's not about the music how can we justify looking like the world?
eman you said that music is a language and thats true and in all languages there is good words and curses. lots of these specific songs not styles are created for demonic reasons. metaphorically speaking you wouldn't use a curse word to praise God. one would search for proper words from the dictionary. i have worked with rappers they use a thesaurus as to better express them selves. when a Gospel artist takes a secular song and tries to make it Gospel thats the artist transforming not God. im not worried about the music but the people listening if we are playing something that reminds the listener of the club then we are not doing our job. a good example of gospel music is the text must be Biblical and the music must be original. there is original kompas, rap,jazz and so forth. please dont confuse me with people who are against certain style of music. i am against people who take songs or lines from a song of the world and claim it to be of God. if Jay Z can create a style why cant we. what will it take, when a secular artist takes one of them to court then what will be the defense.

Now you saying that you talking about playgarisim. For you say "i am against people who take songs or lines from a song of the world and claim it to be of God." So how did you fall in that mess. Talking about kane and abel offering, did kane playgarized which made God not accepting his offering? and Abel original which made God accept his offering?

Jn Michel

Male Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonse on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 am

tibobdenazareth wrote:

If Jay Z can create a style why cant we. what will it take, when a secular artist takes one of them to court then what will be the defense.

My brother, you seem not in synch with both what you're saying and what you're being said.

First, YOU were the one that said through your quoting of the Bible that Abel & Cain offered parts of the same thing. Meaning the offering is not what God bases on for His decision to accept or reject the offering. It's rather the heart's disposition of the "offerer".

Your big problem is that you can't see that the music is the offering and the artist is the offerer. the focus of God is on the latter; not the offering. YOU SAID IT UNWILLINGLY. The Holy spirit must have been trying to tell you something. But you closed your ears to your own voice. If you can't grow yourself to even understand your own point, I think with this discussion, we are trying to find a second center of a circle.

Second, plagiarism and creativity have nothing to do whith what we're discussing here. It is a problem whenever it's done. I'm a Gospel artist. If you plagiarize my work, it's the same problem if Madonna plagiarizes Remy Lochard's work, and the same problem if I plagiarize P-Diddy's work. This is a music crime. It has nothing to do with faith or spirituality. So don't confuse everything and throw rocks everywhere when your arguments lead nowhere.

BOTTOM LINE you need to grasp: You have NO business judging the types of music people play to worship and praise God. God doesn't have any problem with that and we know that because the Bible tells us so (psalms 150 3:5) ... not some dogmatic religious doctrine interpreting what God said for their own feel-good ignorance and preference.

There's still room for a lot of improvement in our music gospel sector, but what you're saying is not one of them.

This is a point that Gabriel is not able to understand. For Tibob says "it's the same problem if Madonna plagiarizes Remy Lochard's work, and the same problem if I plagiarize P-Diddy's work. This is a music crime. It has nothing to do with faith or spirituality." It's the same thing when T-Vice copied Revelation's music "Si se pat pou Bondye Kotem taye nan Lavi sa." By them singing that doesn't mean they belong to God. They did not use it to make gospel people like their music. They use it to fight a war. A war with their rival group Djakout Mizik who has been using "Louwe Kris La, Mesi Jesus pou Konpa ou banou fanatik yo rete fidel." They wanted strong words to strenghen their music and they started using gospel. You have to know the cause before you start judging. You can't judge without knowing the cause brother. It's never about what you offer. It's the heart you have while you bring your offering. Do you see that there is a war here brother Gabriel? or do you just see imitation of the world?

Alphonse

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 pm

tibob papa, wap fè tèt mwen gwo ak gwosè koze wap di la yo...
But in any case, I appreciate the words...I pray that God continues to bless your music ministry...

&abriel,
This issue of word and meaning you are broaching is vast and it would take another discussion to debate it thoroughly. I am not an etymologist to delve into this one...

Let me just say that the intended usage of a word is what is offensive...
check out http://www.etymonline.com

Let me also add that a word can be compared to a note...
The note is bad if the ear can not decode it where it becomes noise...Now it is offensive to the ear...
You know there are some English words that we use in the US yet in other countries they may be thought of as curse words.

lol...

eman

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Alphonse wrote:
tibobdenazareth wrote:

Your big problem is that you can't see that the music is the offering and the artist is the offerer. the focus of God is on the latter; not the offering. YOU SAID IT UNWILLINGLY. The Holy spirit must have been trying to tell you something. But you closed your ears to your own voice. If you can't grow yourself to even understand your own point, I think with this discussion, we are trying to find a second center of a circle.

This is a point that Gabriel is not able to understand. For Tibob says "it's the same problem if Madonna plagiarizes Remy Lochard's work, and the same problem if I plagiarize P-Diddy's work. This is a music crime. It has nothing to do with faith or spirituality." It's the same thing when T-Vice copied Revelation's music "Si se pat pou Bondye Kotem taye nan Lavi sa." By them singing that doesn't mean they belong to God. They did not use it to make gospel people like their music. They use it to fight a war. A war with their rival group Djakout Mizik who has been using "Louwe Kris La, Mesi Jesus pou Konpa ou banou fanatik yo rete fidel." They wanted strong words to strenghen their music and they started using gospel. You have to know the cause before you start judging. You can't judge without knowing the cause brother. It's never about what you offer. It's the heart you have while you bring your offering. Do you see that there is a war here brother Gabriel? or do you just see imitation of the world?

im sorry dude but plagiarize means to copy. if iam going to copy or plagiarize its going to be God. remember we are trying ti look like christ that we may appeal the listener to God. if we look like the world promoting God thats false advertising and trickery and can cause confusion. it leaves room for options and God says you are with me or against me. like i said im not against originality but recycled music or worldly inspired music. Christians who listen to world music to write are obvious. i think we are in accord in some instances but not clear on some. just like rappers use dictionaries and thesauruses to use profound and original words artist need to use the Bible and study music to write. ive heard artist use their former world music as gospel music. true story guys a younger generation heard the song and said "it didn't sound Gospel". now he had no prejudices about kompas but he just felt something was not right. if certain sounds can inspire certain feeling and emotions then we need to be careful what we use.
John 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what
we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. ..
John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." ... ...

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:54 pm

plagiarize : to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source.

http://www.merriam-webster.com

eman

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:55 pm

if we have to look like the world to promote God then we are making god because he is not good enough. god says lift me up and i will draw them.

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:56 pm

&abriel,
I take offense to you writing God's name with a "g"...

eman

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:58 pm

im sorry you are right. its a typo please forgive me

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 pm

&abriel wrote:if we have to look like the world to promote God then we are making god because he is not good enough. god says lift me up and i will draw them.

You need to go say that to Paul the apostle (BIBLE, 1 Cor 9: 20-23)

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonse on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:09 pm

&abriel wrote:if we have to look like the world to promote God then we are making god because he is not good enough. god says lift me up and i will draw them.
Brother Gabriel you are all over the place. You can't make your statement correct and i'm having trouble understanding you. Sound, Lyrics and looks are three different things. Now what are you talking about. Or are you talking about the whole genre?

Alphonse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:10 pm

Unless we're talking about Rev Wadner's book (which is the ACTUAL intent of this thread), I think we're wasting our neurons and our (company) time. I'm out!

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eman on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Tibob,
I agree with you...

Does levanjiltv grant other members access to start new threads?

eman

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Alphonse wrote:
Brother Gabriel you are all over the place. You can't make your statement correct and i'm having trouble understanding you. Sound, Lyrics and looks are three different things. Now what are you talking about. Or are you talking about the whole genre?

Misye tankou yon moun k ap kouri. Chak yo kwense nan w kònè, li pran yon lòt wout! This guy is really all over the place. He can't focus. He starts a point then the Bible proves him wrong, and he switches point. And the same cycle starts over and over and over. I don't know he knows what he's looking for. His mind is so made up about critizing others (musicians) than he lost his own ground.

I think our brother needs more prayers than being debated with.

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by &abriel on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 pm

tibobdenazareth wrote:
Alphonse wrote:

Misye tankou yon moun k ap kouri. Chak yo kwense nan w kònè, li pran yon lòt wout! This guy is really all over the place. He can't focus. He starts a point then the Bible proves him wrong, and he switches point. And the same cycle starts over and over and over. I don't know he knows what he's looking for. His mind is so made up about critizing others (musicians) than he lost his own ground.

I think our brother needs more prayers than being debated with.

it would seem to you that im running al lover because what you don't realize everything is connected but i smile at your simplicity. it's said that the devils greatest trick is to pretend he doesn't exist. many of you want to make it seem that every "gospel music" is of God and for God. you become defensive when others criticize there work. you tell us not to judge when the Bible says here is just few;
1 Corinthians 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
1 Corinthians 6:2 Don't you know that the saints will judge the world?
Proverbs 31:9 Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me
i could do this all day.
Many of you want to make it seem that you can worship God anyway you want as if God does not have rules and instructions. in the Bible there are many stories all of which to make a point and show us possibilities. when king solomon needed to calm the demons in him he called on David, he played music for him and to calmed the demons, with that said wouldn't the reverse be possible. don't you understand the wrong music can provoke an opposite effect. we have to speculate every so call servant of God the Bible promotes it for the purpose of knowing real prophets from wolves in lambs clothing;
Acts 20:29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come
in among you and will not spare the flock
Matthew 7:15 They come to you disguised as sheep, but in their hearts they are vicious wolves.
Ezekiel 22:27 “Her princes within her are like wolves tearing the prey, by shedding blood and destroying lives in order to get dishonest gain. 28 “Her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD,’ when the LORD has not spoken.
just in case
i thought that the blogging is for posting ideas, and thoughts to get intellectual feedback. you guys use this for self promotion and to glorify yourselves you don't reply with informative information but with non constructive insults. i feel sorry for those who believe in what you guys say. i tell you what if levanjiltv would permit and sponsor they should have live debates so that the TRUTH be revealed where ever it is so that people can hear and Judge for themselves as the Bible permits. you hide behind this theory of not to judge so that you can spew your doctrine that often falls in contradiction with the Bible. the fact of the matter is your fruits are revealed some of you create bands to womanize or to make up for the career you couldn't make in the world. musicians come and go amongst you and see no difference from the world thats why they go back and forth or they gig and still do gospel. the Bible says we should have an impact on the world how can we do that if we look like them. World and God does not mix! 99%clean + 1% dirty= DIRTY
Numbers 19:22 Anything that an unclean person touches becomes unclean, and
anyone who touches it becomes unclean till evening ... '

These tracks where created by and for unclean reasons.- How then can anyone think that the can use the for God?

&abriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tibobdenazareth on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Peace be with you brother Gabriel. You accepted Christ; that's your most intelligent act, even if it has to be the only one. Some of us are called to FOLLOW, to be part of the SAVED CROWD.... a very very very very few of us are called to LEAD. That's why when the leaders among us are forcing leading thoughts in the minds of those made JUST to follow, the discussion goes nowhere.

I do know when to stop. And pray.

tibobdenazareth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alphonse on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:33 pm

[/quote] From Gabriel: it would seem to you that im running al lover because what you don't realize everything is connected but i smile at your simplicity. it's said that the devils greatest trick is to pretend he doesn't exist. many of you want to make it seem that every "gospel music" is of God and for God. you become defensive when others criticize there work. you tell us not to judge when the Bible says here is just few;
1 Corinthians 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
1 Corinthians 6:2 Don't you know that the saints will judge the world?
Proverbs 31:9 Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me
i could do this all day.
Many of you want to make it seem that you can worship God anyway you want as if God does not have rules and instructions. in the Bible there are many stories all of which to make a point and show us possibilities. when king solomon needed to calm the demons in him he called on David, he played music for him and to calmed the demons, with that said wouldn't the reverse be possible. don't you understand the wrong music can provoke an opposite effect. we have to speculate every so call servant of God the Bible promotes it for the purpose of knowing real prophets from wolves in lambs clothing;
Acts 20:29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come
in among you and will not spare the flock
Matthew 7:15 They come to you disguised as sheep, but in their hearts they are vicious wolves.
Ezekiel 22:27 “Her princes within her are like wolves tearing the prey, by shedding blood and destroying lives in order to get dishonest gain. 28 “Her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD,’ when the LORD has not spoken.
just in case
i thought that the blogging is for posting ideas, and thoughts to get intellectual feedback. you guys use this for self promotion and to glorify yourselves you don't reply with informative information but with non constructive insults. i feel sorry for those who believe in what you guys say. i tell you what if levanjiltv would permit and sponsor they should have live debates so that the TRUTH be revealed where ever it is so that people can hear and Judge for themselves as the Bible permits. you hide behind this theory of not to judge so that you can spew your doctrine that often falls in contradiction with the Bible. the fact of the matter is your fruits are revealed some of you create bands to womanize or to make up for the career you couldn't make in the world. musicians come and go amongst you and see no difference from the world thats why they go back and forth or they gig and still do gospel. the Bible says we should have an impact on the world how can we do that if we look like them. World and God does not mix! 99%clean + 1% dirty= DIRTY
Numbers 19:22 Anything that an unclean person touches becomes unclean, and
anyone who touches it becomes unclean till evening ... '

These tracks where created by and for unclean reasons.- How then can anyone think that the can use the for God?[/quote]

Frere Gabriel I understand that you trying to get some of your points accross but sometime you have to let you grudges go in order to continue doing positive things in life. You have to give up your madness. Sometime you think you know but you have no idea. What you might think is right could be wrong so that's why you have to listen to others sometime. God is telling you this right here in this post and I hope you listen. For example, you've been believing all your life that David use to play guitar for king Salomon to cast demons away but you are wrong. Salomon was David son and it was Sail that David used to play guitar for. So brother Gabriel, Do you know what you are saying or are they from God? Will you start to listen?

Alphonse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:45 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top